Počítadlo návštev

Places of Interest

The Parish Church of St. Catherine The Parish Church of St. Catherine


The Catholic church has been standing here since the 14th century. Its gothic style was during times after many rebuidings broken. In 1730 the church was covered again. In 1832 Esztergom canon Juraj Palkovič extended the church by building the church tower. From the beginning the patron saint of the church was St. Catherine, the virgin and martyr. The church has three altars. The main one is devoted to St. Catherine, it has its tabernacle where the Eucharist is kept. The second altar is devoted to St. Francis Serafin, which was built thanks to St. Francis devotees from Doľany in 1714. The third one is the altar of Virgin Mary. In 1968 a new organ was built, which has 1056 pipes. Kostol z vnútra

The Chapel of St. Leonard from 1360 with its cave part


The Chapel of St. Leonard from 1360 with its cave partAmong treasured historic sights not just of Doľany, but also of the West-Slovakian region, we can find the chapel of St. Leonard. This gothic chapel dates to 14th century. It was rebuilt and enlarged in 17th century. Interesting point is that the back part of the chapel is formed by a cave. In 1810 – 1811 the roof of the chapel was renovated. In 1890 the altar of St. Leonard was repaired. During 1960 – 1965 the chapel was painted. In 1976 the chapel´s outside rough cast was chipped off to the stone and it was roughcasted again. In 2010 the roof of the chapel was renovated again. The Chapel of St. Leonard is for its uniqueness enlisted in the Central list of Conservation Collection, Register of real estate national cultural historic buildings (NKP) no. 1420.

The Town Tower from 1598 The Town Tower from 1598

Neither one town in Slovakia has the town tower built directly above the brook. The tower is built of stone. It was built for the occasion of granting the status of a town in the beginning of 17th century. It is 18.2 m tall. It is a typical town tower with the safety purpose. It should have served to Ompital and its guards during wars, who were to observe the moves of the possible enemy, and to inform the inhabitants by signals to escape to the mountains.

The Chapel of St.SebastianThe Chapel of St.Sebastian

It stands on the hill of the calvary; it is a baroque chapel from 1708. The chapel was built by former parish priest Pavol Hartperger. In 1974 the painting of St. Sebastian was stolen from the chapel. It is said that the painting was the original work by Murilla. The chapel is open to the public during religious ceremonies. Peculiarity about the chapel is, that in recent history on 12th June 2009, the marriage ceremony took place in the chapel for the first time.

Parental House of Juraj Fándly with a Plaque


Parental House of Juraj FándlyPlague

PParental House of Juraj Palkovič with a Plaque

Parental House of Juraj PalkovičPlague

Memorial of Juraj Fándly and Juraj Palkovič in front of the Church

Memorial of Juraj Fándly and Juraj Palkovič in front of the Church

Made by P. Čambálom, academic sculptor

Sculpture of Ján Nepomucký in front of the Vicarage

  Sculpture of Ján Nepomucký in front of the Vicarage

The Chapel of St. Urban in Vineyards

The Chapel of St. Urban in Vineyards